As a Florida resident, your HVAC system is crucial to staying comfortable within your home. A broken HVAC system, air conditioner, or furnace can make for some uncomfortable days and nights. Arctic Air Services can help you lower your monthly heating and cooling bills and prevent costly repairs by performing your HVAC maintenance twice a year.
For peak operating, it is important to schedule routine HVAC maintenance twice per year, once in the spring and once in autumn. In the spring and fall seasons, there are not as many emergency calls to attend to, making it easier for your Arctic Air Services technician to check your system. A well maintained HVAC system keeps your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. It can also make sure your component’s warranties do not expire, as some equipment requires routine check-ups to remain under warranty. Lastly, routine maintenance will increase the service life of your equipment, making sure you get the most “bang for your buck” out of your HVAC units.
You should always leave the handy work to the professionals at Arctic Air Services. However, if you feel comfortable doing so, here are some do-it-yourself preventative maintenance steps to test before scheduling your spring or fall tune-up.
- Thermostat Settings –A properly working thermostat ensures your home is kept at a comfortable temperature and keeps energy costs low.
- Electrical Connections – All electrical connections to your HVAC system should be tightened, making sure the system is operating safely and efficiently.
- Controls –Double check that the cycle of your HVAC system is running smoothly (starts, runs correctly, and shuts off).
- Moving Parts –Every moving part of your home heating and cooling system should be properly lubricated, extending the life of your HVAC system and ensuring efficient operating.
Cooling Maintenance in the Spring
During the spring season, your air conditioning and cooling system is the most important aspect of your HVAC system. There are some at-home troubleshooting tactics you can perform; however, it is safest to let Arctic Air Services check all of your equipment. Some typical air conditioning maintenance includes:
- Evaporator and Condenser Air Coils –Dirty evaporator and condenser air coils force your cooling system to work harder than it needs to. Removing dust and dirt every spring means a longer life for your cooling system.
- Refrigerant Levels –Having too much or too little refrigerant can cause your air conditioner to use higher energy levels and result in higher electrical bills.
- Clean and Adjust Blower Component, Air Ducts – Making sure your cooling system has a clean blower component and air duct means air is flowing properly throughout your system, reducing energy costs and extending the life of your HVAC system.
Heating Maintenance in the Fall
As the summer months pass and temperatures start to drop, it is time to book your second HVAC check-up. Prepping your heating system for the winter months will go a long way in lowering energy costs and keeping your home warm. Common heat system maintenance services include:
- Gas/Oil Connections –No matter what type of heating system you have, it is important to check your fuel connections. Ignoring these connections is dangerous and can lead to overusing your heating system, reducing its lifespan and raising energy costs.
- Furnace Filter –Your furnace filter should be cleaned or replaced before the start of the heating season and approximately once a month during longer periods of extended use. A simple, at-home test to check if your filter needs cleaning or replacing is easy. Remove your filter and hold it towards the light. If the filter appears clogged, replace with a filter of the same type and size.
- Clean the Furnace Blower –Different furnaces use different types of blowers. No matter which type your furnace uses, be sure your furnace blower is working properly. Cleaning any dust and dirt or lubricating the blower’s motor will go a long way towards cutting costs and lengthening the life of your HVAC system.
Schedule Your HVAC System Maintenance in Bradenton or Sarasota, FL
If you notice a rise in your energy bills, it may be due to not servicing your HVAC system regularly or properly. The experts at Arctic Air Services can perform the routine maintenance needed to effectively reduce your energy costs and improve the life of your HVAC system.
Contact Arctic Air Services to schedule your check-up today.