Living in Florida means we get to enjoy beautiful weather; however, we also live in a very humid environment. This constant high humidity can wreak havoc on our home and our health. To protect damp areas from mold growth, controlling humidity levels in your home is important.
Why Install a Whole House Dehumidifier?
Here are some reasons you may want to consider having a whole house dehumidifier installed in your home:
- A whole house dehumidifier will monitor the humidity levels in your home, so that air in your home is neither too humid or too dry.
- Keeping your home at a safe humidity level will decrease the chances of mold growth in your home; this is particularly important for those that are sensitive to mold or have weak lungs.
- Too much humidity in your home can actually damage the structure of your home, softening the walls and supports.
- Dust mites and bacteria spread quickly in humid areas, causing health problems to arise. By decreasing the levels of humidity in your home, you can keep allergens at bay.
- Just as dry air can damage furniture, so can too much moisture. You may find that furniture such as wood furniture starts to get moldy and could possibly rot if there is too much moisture in the air.
- You may have considered using small, portable humidifiers in your home. However, smaller units can only work one room at a time, meaning you are constantly moving them around. They can end up more costly in the long run than installing a whole house unit, and aren’t nearly as effective or convenient!
How Arctic Air Services Can Help
Arctic Air Services offers high quality HVAC services at reasonable prices throughout the Sarasota and Bradenton, FL area. We can install a whole house dehumidifier in your home so that you can rest assured that your its structure and your health does not deteriorate. With over 30 years’ experience in the business, our team works hard to gain your trust by providing excellent service across the board.
Contact the experts today at Arctic Air to find out more about our services, including our various financing options.