Air filters shouldn’t be a dirty secret. Whether you have a washable filtration panel or a disposable one, it’s an important part of your HVAC system. By checking the filter every month and replacing it regularly, you can enjoy many benefits to your Manatee County home.
Five Reasons to Replace Your AC Air Filter
- Increased Airflow: Dirty filters restrict the amount of air that goes into your HVAC system. They also limit how much air gets pumped back into your home. If you’ve noticed that you aren’t getting a nice breeze from your vents, a clogged filter could be the culprit.
- Improved Air Quality: HVAC filters aren’t just a magnet for dust, pollen and pet hair. Eventually, they can become a source of microbial pollution, especially in humid areas like Sarasota and Bradenton. Replacing the filter is an easy way to reduce atmospheric dust and protect yourself from allergens.
- Lower Energy Bills: According to the Department of Energy, swapping out filters can reduce your home’s heating and cooling costs by 5 to 15 percent. By replacing the return filter as recommended, you’re reducing the fan’s burden and helping your HVAC system last longer.
- Protection From Dust: If the filter is clogged, the incoming air will slip through cracks in the housing. This lets dust coat the coils on the cold side of the unit. Dirt accumulations insulate the fins and prevent your air conditioner from working efficiently.
- Fewer Breakdowns: Clogged filters are a top cause of AC breakdowns. Restricted airflow encourages ice buildup, which decreases the system’s performance and might lead to overheating. If you have a problem with your air conditioner, try replacing the filter.
Our HVAC Filter Replacement Services
If you’re not sure where your return filter is or if you don’t know how to replace it, contact Arctic Air Services, Inc. Our technicians will be happy to show you, or we can explain the process over the phone. Call us today to learn more about our air conditioning services.